Sunday, December 19, 2010

We are a no-dairy, no-soy, no-egg, vegetarian family

I'm starting to figure out just how to cook for us.  I am a vegetarian, breast-feeding an MSPI baby (milk and soy protein intolerance), with an egg allergy.  My husband will eat anything but does not consider soup a meal.


I made this for a party yesterday.  It turned out surprisingly well.  Even the omnivores liked it.

Roasted vegetable pie with quinoa crust
1/2 cup garbanzos
2 cups cooked quinoa (I had some laying around)
1 cup water or leftover soup (again, I had some butternut squash soup that I was sick of eating)
1 tablespoon tahini (peanut butter would have been good, too)

mash those four things together, then add:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pinches of salt (or more if you used water instead of soup)
1/4 cup canola oil

mix everything and press into a pie plate

bake 375 F for 20 minutes


Then, I added some roasted vegetables and baked for another 20 minutes at 350, but you could also just toss in some stir-fried veg, or just about anything and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment